Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I MIGHT be talking to you....

This is a "stab in the dark". I am never real certain as to why people do or do not read a blog. But nevermind. You're reading this one so I'll get right to it.

Today I want to throw an invitation out to someone... maybe you... who knows?

The invitation is this: Call me and talk about a career in real estate.

Here's the deal. I'm not going to tell you it's easy. I'm not even going to call it fun. I'm here to tell you that it's a great profession that like anything else in life has it's pluses and minuses. But I am also here to tell you that you can make a pretty nice living being a Realtor. I'm also here to tell you that it does not happen over night. So if you're the kind of dreamer that wants to get their license and immediately start raking in the dough... well, don't bother calling me.

I'm on a new hunt. I want sincere enthusiasm. I want an agent that is going to be hurt, when they hear about a person who bought a house and had a horrible ordeal with their agent. I want people who don't like it when they hear detrimental things about their profession. I want agents who are going to take the job of representing clients seriously. I want agents who are looking at the big picture. I want people who are willing to work at improving our image. I want people with vocational pride.

And if you're lazy... and prone to taking the easy way out... and persuaded to cut corners... don't bother. And I think people who are like that really know they are like that. So be real honest with yourself. In fact I would ask you, if you are like that, to not only skip contacting me to help you get started, but to stay out of our profession all together. We don't need that.

If you want to make up your mind that you are going to treat it like a business... you are going to dedicate yourself to be the best you can possibly be... you are planning on putting in the time.... you are planning on making every day productive and gratifying, not only for you, but for your clients and everyone around you... then call me. I want to help you. I want to invest in you.

But just remember... this real estate business is not for everyone. And as far as the people who can't or shouldn't be in... it doesn't mean they are bad people... I just happen to know, it takes a few special attributes to do this and do it right.

Want to know more: email me a note: sstaples@realtyusa.com I'll shake it down straight for ya!

No comments: