Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'll be glad when they finally decide about the home buyer's tax credit!

I remember once many years ago when an older than me co-worker commented that the
" camel is a horse designed by committee."

So our government... these days the "ultimate committee" have been trying to "invent a good economic environment". It will be interesting, at best, to see what comes out at the other end!

So today... February 17, 2009, I am of the understanding that the tax credit will be $8,000. It will be offered to first time buyers only. It will require a contract purchase one's primary residence no later than July 1st.

NOTE: This could change. Remember this is a committee.

Whatever the result, I am still certain that most people will want to, at some point, want to own their home. I suspect that the driving factor will not be the tax credit (although it may help), but rather our seemingly age old desire to own our own home. Plain and simple.

Questions? Concerns? Comments? I'd love to hear from you! sstaples@realtyusa.com

Keep the faith!

No comments: