Saturday, July 12, 2008

The mortgage crisis

I've been away a few days....
Ever had a kidney stone?
My advice.... don't!

Anyway... The news on the national level is loaded with bad news surrounding mortgages. And of course, it's not being made up by the media... there is a real problem. At some point it will get "righted", if you'll allow that word.

But for you.... here is my suggestion. Remember real estate is local. It involves you and a house you want to live in... LOCAL. It will involve local real estate agents and local attorneys. Make sure it involves a local lender. I really am wary of on-line lending companies.... and especially the come-ons they project by way of emails, etc.

Use a local lender... wherever you are. chances are pretty good the transaction will go smoothly.

Look, my office sells upward to $50,000,000 a year in real estate. As the manager I oversee all these transactions... The ones that have mortgage issues are almost always out of town crazy companies that we've never heard of!

Work locally. You'll be OK.

Now, if you'll pardon me, I have kidney stone to get rid of. I hope.

Rock and Roll forever!

No comments: